Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm a little Irish girl, who grew up in a big Italian community! These are the absolute best hot dogs I've ever had. Serving size depends on how many dogs you want to make. I'm going to post for 1 serving, you can take it from there.
- 1 hot dog
- 29.58 ml canola oil (can use vegetable or olive oil)
- 1 medium potato
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper
- spicy mustard
- 1 torpedo roll (steak)
- Grill or broil hot dog.
- Wash peel and cube potato.
- Toss potato in oil, season with salt - pepper.
- Sauté potatoes until fork tender (like home fries or they can be roasted).
- Sauté onion and pepper until tender.
- Place your hot dog in torpedo roll,.
- Top with spicy mustard, potatoes, peppers and onions.
These are really good! I have been wanting to try these since seeing them on a Food Network show, 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives', which was probably shot in NJ, I don't remember.. I took a short-cut, though, and used Ore-Ida 'obrien' potatoes, which are hash browns with onions and peppers.. Great flavors, and very filling.. I love these dogs!
Great!!! Being from NJ... this is a treat!