Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another family favorite casserole.
Make and share this Italian Hot Dish recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 8 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Spray a with cooking spray and cook beef, 1/2 cup mushrooms, onion and green pepper and drain fat.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place pasta in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Top with meat sauce and remaining mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella and 4 teaspoons Parmesan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Comfort Food! My husband loved it and probably ate to much! I added more cheese, can't have enough cheese but did everything else the same.