Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Old world taste. You can serve as an entree or cut in bite size pieces and serve as an appetizer
- 2 lbs sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lb shredded provolone cheese
- 2 (14 ounce) cansdrained roasted red peppers
- 6 eggs, beaten well
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brown, drain and crumble sausage, set aside.
- Prepare a 9x13" pan by spraying with olive oil pan release. (you can use regular flavor).
- Prepare dish by layering sausage, red peppers and cheese, until all ingredients are finished.
- Beat egg, roamano cheese and pepper together, pour over layered items.
- Bake for 50 minutes covered.
- Uncover spoon sauce over top of casserole and bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Remove from oven, let sit for 15 minutes covered cut and serve.
Perfect combination of our favorite ingredients! I made a half batch and baked in round container --- 8 1/2 inches in diameter and 1 inch deep and at same timings as given in directions. Thank you School Chef for sharing. Made for Football Pool.
This is so good! I halved the recipe as well and served it to my small family for dinner tonight. I roasted my own peppers and cooked in a 8X8 square pan. We love it so much that I think I will have to find a way to incorporate it into my holiday menu as the title suggests. Thanks so much for a fabulous dinner!
Cut this recipe in half, made it in an 8" square baking pan & served it for breakfast, although I can definitely see it as an appetizer, too! Enjoyed the use of the sweet sausage ~ Very nice! THIS IS A KEEPER! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in thie fall's Pick-a-Chef]