Recipe by School Chef
Old world taste. You can serve as an entree or cut in bite size pieces and serve as an appetizer
Top Review by WiGal
Perfect combination of our favorite ingredients! I made a half batch and baked in round container --- 8 1/2 inches in diameter and 1 inch deep and at same timings as given in directions. Thank you School Chef for sharing. Made for Football Pool.
- 2 lbs sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lb shredded provolone cheese
- 2 (14 ounce) cansdrained roasted red peppers
- 6 eggs, beaten well
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brown, drain and crumble sausage, set aside.
- Prepare a 9x13" pan by spraying with olive oil pan release. (you can use regular flavor).
- Prepare dish by layering sausage, red peppers and cheese, until all ingredients are finished.
- Beat egg, roamano cheese and pepper together, pour over layered items.
- Bake for 50 minutes covered.
- Uncover spoon sauce over top of casserole and bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Remove from oven, let sit for 15 minutes covered cut and serve.