Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great sandwich direct from South Philadelphia and New York. If you can use all of these ingredients it will be super fantastic, but do not worry if you cannot find all of them. All of these meats can be purchased at an Italian Delicatessen and in the deli section of most supermarkets in the United States. If you have any questions, you can e-mail me: AlanLeonetti@q.com
- 2 hoagie rolls (If you can't get Amoroso's or Del Campo, use any good, crusty sub roll or 1 Italian bread)
- 4 -6 leaves iceberg lettuce
- extra virgin olive oil (for drizzle)
- 1⁄4 lb genoa salami (Thinly Sliced)
- 1⁄4 lb pepperoni (Thinly Sliced)
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto di Parma (Thinly Sliced)
- 1⁄4 lb roast beef (Thinly Sliced)
- 1⁄4 lb pastrami (Thinly Sliced)
- 1⁄4 lb capicola (Thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 lb mortadella (Thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese (Thinly Sliced)
- 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 large tomatoes (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 4 tablespoons pitted green olives (Sliced)
- fresh ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Slice the Italian bread lengthwise being careful not to cut completely through. Open the bread. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil onto both halves of the bread.
- Evenly distribute and lay out the leaves of lettuce, Genoa Salami, Pepperoni, Prosciutto di Parma, Roast Beef, Pastrami, Capicola, Mortadella, Mozzarella Cheese, Provalone Cheese, Tomato, and Onion. Evenly spread the sliced and pitted Green Olives.
- Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Sprinkle with the grated Parmesan Cheese. If you like crushed red pepper flakes, sprinkle with the flakes. Drizzle with Extra-Virgin Olive Oil again. Close the bread and cut in half crosswise to make 2 hoagies.
I used hard salami, capicola, mortadella, provolone, tomatoes, onions, pickles, black olives, pepperoncini peppers and crushed pickled red peppers with mayo, a little oil, oregano, salt and freshly cracked pepper. Had on a 12" sub roll and man oh man was it good!
DELICIOUS!!! Thumbs Up! We loved all the different flavors of meat and cheeses-especially the parmesan. Our DS's kept saying over and over again THIS IS GOOD, normally they don't get that excited over a sandwich, a burger-well thats different! (LOL). The only thing I did different is I used deli-style hotdog buns, since I needed something neat and easy to handle, and individually wrapped for a road trip. THANK YOU Alan Leonetti!
You let the secret out. YUM