Recipe by Alan Leonetti
This is a great sandwich direct from South Philadelphia and New York. If you can use all of these ingredients it will be super fantastic, but do not worry if you cannot find all of them. All of these meats can be purchased at an Italian Delicatessen and in the deli section of most supermarkets in the United States. If you have any questions, you can e-mail me: AlanLeonetti@q.com
Top Review by thurstondonnie
I used hard salami, capicola, mortadella, provolone, tomatoes, onions, pickles, black olives, pepperoncini peppers and crushed pickled red peppers with mayo, a little oil, oregano, salt and freshly cracked pepper. Had on a 12" sub roll and man oh man was it good!
- 2 hoagie rolls (If you can't get Amoroso's or Del Campo, use any good, crusty sub roll or 1 Italian bread)
- 4 -6 leaves iceberg lettuce
- extra virgin olive oil (for drizzle)
- 1⁄4 lb genoa salami (Thinly Sliced)
- 1⁄4 lb pepperoni (Thinly Sliced)
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto di Parma (Thinly Sliced)
- 1⁄4 lb roast beef (Thinly Sliced)
- 1⁄4 lb pastrami (Thinly Sliced)
- 1⁄4 lb capicola (Thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 lb mortadella (Thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese (Thinly Sliced)
- 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 large tomatoes (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 4 tablespoons pitted green olives (Sliced)
- fresh ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the Italian bread lengthwise being careful not to cut completely through. Open the bread. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil onto both halves of the bread.
- Evenly distribute and lay out the leaves of lettuce, Genoa Salami, Pepperoni, Prosciutto di Parma, Roast Beef, Pastrami, Capicola, Mortadella, Mozzarella Cheese, Provalone Cheese, Tomato, and Onion. Evenly spread the sliced and pitted Green Olives.
- Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Sprinkle with the grated Parmesan Cheese. If you like crushed red pepper flakes, sprinkle with the flakes. Drizzle with Extra-Virgin Olive Oil again. Close the bread and cut in half crosswise to make 2 hoagies.