Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came in an email from Swanson -- I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds yummy! The email says that you may substitute 3 plum tomatoes (chopped) for sun-dried tomatoes. Add with spinach and pasta.
- 1 (14 ounce) canchicken broth with mixed Italian herbs
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into crosswise strips
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 4 cups hot cooked penne pasta
- grated parmesan cheese
- Place broth and tomatoes in microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave on HIGH 2 minute Let stand 5 minute Remove tomatoes and cut up. Reserve broth.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring often.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Stir in flour and cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and reserved broth. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in spinach and pasta. Serve with cheese.
This recipe turned out FANTASTIC. It was the most successful recipe I've gotten from the Internet. A reduction in complexity, I eliminated the ChickenBreasts, Spinach, Mushrooms to sample the foundation of the recipe, first. Exsquisite. This will become a Family Heirloom Recipe which will change the way we cook our Italian Pastas.
I tried it and it was pretty disappointing - pretty darn bland. I used low-sodium chicken broth, but kept everything else the same with the exception of some minced garlic added when I browned the chicken. The sauce never really thickened - even with the additio of extra gravy flour. It definitely needed something else to boost the flavor, but I couldn't put my finger on it.