Recipe by Lvs2Cook
This recipe came in an email from Swanson -- I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds yummy! The email says that you may substitute 3 plum tomatoes (chopped) for sun-dried tomatoes. Add with spinach and pasta.
Top Review by rr6013
This recipe turned out FANTASTIC. It was the most successful recipe I've gotten from the Internet. A reduction in complexity, I eliminated the ChickenBreasts, Spinach, Mushrooms to sample the foundation of the recipe, first. Exsquisite. This will become a Family Heirloom Recipe which will change the way we cook our Italian Pastas.
- 1 (14 ounce) canchicken broth with mixed Italian herbs
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into crosswise strips
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 4 cups hot cooked penne pasta
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broth and tomatoes in microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave on HIGH 2 minute Let stand 5 minute Remove tomatoes and cut up. Reserve broth.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring often.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Stir in flour and cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and reserved broth. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in spinach and pasta. Serve with cheese.