Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These savory muffins are an adaptation of a muffin I found in a recent Taste of Home magazine submitted by Cyndee Page.I altered the orginal recipe by using a biscuit mix. It is very simple to whip up, my whole family loved them. I use my own biscuit mix called Missouri Mix as we don't like the flavor of packaged ones, but these would work fine with any of those too. Enjoy!
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a bowl combine the biscuit mix, cheese, sugar, Italian seasoning,and garlic powder.
- In another bowl whisk the egg, milk and oil.
- Add the egg mixture into the dry ingredients, stir JUST UNTIL MOISTENED.
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Wonderful served warm.
I made these muffins from the original recipe from Taste of Home mag. They are more like a biscuit and could probably be made into "drop biscuits". They are wonderful and easy to make! Instead of biscuit mix I used 2 cups flour, 3 teaspoons baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt. Did not add garlic powder. Baked at 400 for 15 minutes. I love these muffins and will make them very often!