Recipe by Darling76
These savory muffins are an adaptation of a muffin I found in a recent Taste of Home magazine submitted by Cyndee Page.I altered the orginal recipe by using a biscuit mix. It is very simple to whip up, my whole family loved them. I use my own biscuit mix called Missouri Mix as we don't like the flavor of packaged ones, but these would work fine with any of those too. Enjoy!
Top Review by Karamia
I made these muffins from the original recipe from Taste of Home mag. They are more like a biscuit and could probably be made into "drop biscuits". They are wonderful and easy to make! Instead of biscuit mix I used 2 cups flour, 3 teaspoons baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt. Did not add garlic powder. Baked at 400 for 15 minutes. I love these muffins and will make them very often!
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine the biscuit mix, cheese, sugar, Italian seasoning,and garlic powder.
- In another bowl whisk the egg, milk and oil.
- Add the egg mixture into the dry ingredients, stir JUST UNTIL MOISTENED.
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Wonderful served warm.