Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This is from Penzey's Spices: a submission from a customer. I was pleasantly surprised at the rich taste! I used frozen green beans.
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Oh, oh, we both loved this! Thank you so much! Let's see, even though we're trying to go vegan I used real parmesan cheese and I used much less oil (1 1/2 tablespoons). Oh yeah, I drained the can of artichokes (the only artichokes in my neck of the woods that come in jars have oil in them) THEN I reread the recipe, so I substituted 1/2 cup of vegetable broth for the juice. Instead of fresh green beans I used frozen (it was faster). I did use fresh whole wheat bread crumbs. This was exceedingly good, will have to make again! Glad to have tagged this. Thanks so much:D
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 (14 ounce) jar artichokes (including the juice)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning or 2 teaspoons pasta sprinkle seasoning
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Steam green beans until tender and place in a bowl.
- Add artichokes, breaking up if needed. Mix in bread crumbs, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, Italian Herb Mix and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in a casserole dish 25-30 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.