Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are a nice variation of the typical drop biscuit. Super quick and just as delicious, they go with almost any meal.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, herbs, garlic and onion powder, and salt in a bowl, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add milk, stir just until moist.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from sheet immediately, place on a wire rack.
- Store any leftover biscuits in a zip loc plastic bag.
Delicious! Light, fluffy & the perfect amount of spice!!
I made this last night to go with pasta when I was short on time. Quick and easy, but I guess I was expecting more of a zippy, herb flavor and less of a basic bisuit. When I make them again I think I will increase the amounts of herbs, and add a bit of cheese. But very good and will make them again. Very easy - anyone could make these.
Pretty good for a drop biscuit. I didn't put any of the herbs in...just wanted my biscuits to be plain. Took 14 minutes at 450 and made about a dozen. Thanks for posting!