Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe came with my Black and Decker bread machine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- Follow instructions for your bread machine.
- My machine instructs to measure ingredients in the order listed into the baking pan. (I mix the water and powdered milk and microwave for about 30 seconds on high before putting in pan.).
- Insert baking pan into oven chamber and secure pan.
- Select basic bread setting and 2 pound loaf.
- When cycle ends, I put the loaf into a large zip lock bag, seal, and place on wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Excellent bread!! The texture was *perfect*! I didn't have the individual spices, so I used 2 tsp of Italian Seasoning. I was afraid that 4 1/2 tsp would be too overpowering, but we all agreed the herb flavor was very mild. I'll use the full amount next time. And trust me, there will be a next time. This is one of the best breads I've ever tried!
This was very good! My husband used olive oil instead of margarine.
This recipe did not work for me at all. The loaf was heavy, didn't rise enough and was actually quite sticky when it came out of the machine. I followed all of the steps and used the correct ingredients, so unsure where I went wrong. Very disappointing.