1/8 Photos of Italian Herb Bread
3 hrs 35 mins
Fresh herbs infuse this hearty italian loaf! Prep time includes rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix yeast, warm water and sugar together in a large bowl. Set aside for five minutes, or until mixture becomes foamy.
- 2Stir in olive oil, salt, herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cheese and 3 cups flour into the yeast mixture.
- 3Gradually mix in next three cups of flour. (Dough will be stiff). Knead for 5 to 10 minutes, or until it is smooth and elastic.
- 4Place in an oiled bowl, turning to cover sides with oil. Cover with a damp linen towel, or plastic wrap. Let rise for 1 hour, or until dough has doubled.
- 5Punch down to release all the air. Shape into two loaves. Place loaves on a greased cookie sheet, or into two 9x5 inch, greased pans.
- 6Allow to rise for 1/2 hour again, until doubled in a warm place.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- 8Remove loaves from pans and let cool on wire racks for at least 15 minutes, before slicing.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Herb Bread
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.2
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 219.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese