Fresh herbs infuse this hearty italian loaf! Prep time includes rising time.
Make and share this Italian Herb Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Mix yeast, warm water and sugar together in a large bowl. Set aside for five minutes, or until mixture becomes foamy.
- Stir in olive oil, salt, herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cheese and 3 cups flour into the yeast mixture.
- Gradually mix in next three cups of flour. (Dough will be stiff). Knead for 5 to 10 minutes, or until it is smooth and elastic.
- Place in an oiled bowl, turning to cover sides with oil. Cover with a damp linen towel, or plastic wrap. Let rise for 1 hour, or until dough has doubled.
- Punch down to release all the air. Shape into two loaves. Place loaves on a greased cookie sheet, or into two 9x5 inch, greased pans.
- Allow to rise for 1/2 hour again, until doubled in a warm place.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Remove loaves from pans and let cool on wire racks for at least 15 minutes, before slicing.