1/2 Photos of Italian Herb Braid
1 hr 5 mins
This is a recipe that came off a pkg of Fleischmann's Rapid-Rise yeast in the 90's. It's light and aromatic without being overpowered by seasoning. In my bread machine, I use regular yeast, put all liquids, then dry, then yeast and set it for a light 1.5lb loaf. It takes 3 hours to fully cook. Use dough setting
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, mix 1 1/4 C flour, sugar, yeast, oregano, thyme and salt.
- 2In another bowl, combine water, butter and milk.
- 3Microwave until 130 degrees f. Gradually add to dry ingredients.
- 4Beat 2 minutes at medium, then 2 minutes on high.
- 5With spoon, stir in enough flour to make soft elastic dough. Knead in adequate flour so that the dough is not sticky. (About 4 minutes.)
- 6Divide dough into thirds and roll each into a 24" rope.
- 7Braid three ropes and tuck ends under.
- 8Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 9Place on greased baking sheet over a shallow pan half full of boiling water. Cover and let rise 25 minutes.
- 10Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
- 11Cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Herb Braid
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 334.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g