1 hr 15 mins
My mom has made these quasi-chicken-roll-ups since I was young. The sauce produced in the pan from the juices is delectable. These have a little kick to them. To reduce the kick, omit the red pepper flakes. Another idea I have had was to add a bit of ricotta cheese, but I have not tried that yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1/2 cup margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/8 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1Blend 6 tablespoons margarine, parmesan cheese, basil, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, red pepper flakes and parsley with a fork.
- 2Make a slit in each breast and stuff each with mixture. Fasten with toothpicks.
- 3Heat remaining two tablesppons margarine in large skillet.
- 4Add breasts and cook 10-15 minutes or until breasts turn white.
- 5Add salt, remaining black pepper and sauce.
- 6Cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until tender.
- 7Top each breast with mozzarella just until melted.
- 8Top with additional basil and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Herb and Parmesan Stuffed Chicken (Dot's Recipe)
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.4
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.5 mg
- Sodium 605.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 32.7 g