Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mom has made these quasi-chicken-roll-ups since I was young. The sauce produced in the pan from the juices is delectable. These have a little kick to them. To reduce the kick, omit the red pepper flakes. Another idea I have had was to add a bit of ricotta cheese, but I have not tried that yet.
- 6 skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, divided
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- Blend 6 tablespoons margarine, parmesan cheese, basil, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, red pepper flakes and parsley with a fork.
- Make a slit in each breast and stuff each with mixture. Fasten with toothpicks.
- Heat remaining two tablesppons margarine in large skillet.
- Add breasts and cook 10-15 minutes or until breasts turn white.
- Add salt, remaining black pepper and sauce.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Top each breast with mozzarella just until melted.
- Top with additional basil and serve.
I added ricotta cheese, diced olives, and mushrooms to mine and it was great! Thanks!