Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sounds interesting. My son's school sent this recipe home and I have never seen a Haroset recipe with bananas! Sweet red wine can be used in place of the grape juice.
- 2 cups dates, pitted
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 large apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 orange
- 1⁄2 cup grape juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon matzo meal, as needed
- Chop dates, apples and walnuts and make the whole orange sections into fine pieces.
- Place these in a bowl with the mashed bananas.
- Add the grape juice or wine, cinnamon, lemon juice, cloves and mix well.
- Add matzoh meal if too liquid.
Absolutely fantastic. I loved it and my family loved it too. I'll definitely be making this again for next Passover.