- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated & divided
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- hot cooked spaghetti (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese over mixture; mix well. Shape into two patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Combine the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning; pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve patties and sauce over spaghetti if desired.