Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Capocollo, provolone, olives, basil and breadsticks. Now that's Italian!
- 1 (10 5/8 ounce) packagepillsbury refrigerated garlic breadsticks
- 6 slices capicola (about 3 oz.) or 6 cooked ham (about 3 oz.)
- 6 slices provolone cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 -7 large ripe olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons greek vinaigrette or 2 tablespoons Italian vinaigrette dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Unroll dough; divide into 2 equal sections along center perforation. Place 1 inch apart in ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan or 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Press perforations to seal. Spread garlic spread from container evenly over each dough section. Bake at 375°F for 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove crusts from oven. Top each partially baked crust with ham, cheese, tomato and olives. Return to oven; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown.
- To serve, cut each topped crust into 9 squares. Sprinkle with basil; drizzle with salad dressing. Serve warm.