Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy to make and delicious. Serve with a salad and garlic bread.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces medium noodles, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown ground beef, then add garlic, salt and spaghetti sauce. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- While that simmers, mix together cream cheese, sour cream and onions.
- In a greased 9X13 inch pan, layer 1/3 sauce, 1/2 noodles, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, 1/2 mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with 1/3 more sauce, remaining noodles, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
darlene also had this recipe its very good
If you have troubles adding the sour cream/cream cheese mixture trying using a pastry bag. You can also put the mixture in a plastic bag and clip the corner off so you can evenly squirt the mixture around.
We enjoyed this casserole. I agree with JohnsCutie that it took a while to assemble, and the cream cheese mixture is a little tricky to work with. I even mixed my cream cheese and sour cream with an electric mixer to get a really smooth consistency, but ended up just placing blobs of it over as evenly as I could. I reduced the amounts of cream cheese and sour cream, and my family felt the casserole was still a bit dairy-heavy. I also used just 1 lb. of meat, and that was plenty meaty for us. The taste was comforting, and went nicely with garlic bread.