- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (1 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni (1 cup uncooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef, onion, green pepper and celery in a large frying pan until beef is browned and onion is clear.
- Break up large pieces of tomatoes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato puree and seasonings to beef mixture.
- Simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir in macaroni and heat to serving temperature.