Recipe by Petdrwife
We have a local pizza shop that sells Italian Grinders and I am not always able to go there to get them so after a couple of years I have now gotten what I think is their recipe. At least they taste the same.
Top Review by PotziNPanz
Added crushed dill pickle slices, pepperoncini peppers, black olives and onions and left out the lettuce. Also used a mix of olive oil and apple cider vinegar with Italian seasoning and basil for the dressing. EXCELLENT! Thanks Petdrwife! 8o} Potzi
- 4 Italian rolls (Sub)
- 8 slices hot capicola, ham (thin sliced)
- 8 slices pepperoni (large, thin sliced)
- 8 slices genoa salami (thin sliced)
- 8 slices provolone cheese (thin sliced)
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce (chopped or shredded)
- 8 slices tomatoes
- Good Seasons Italian dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Slightly toast buns, with insides up, in toaster oven or oven.
- On bottom half of bun layer two slices capicola, pepperoni, salami and provalone.
- Return to oven and toast until cheese is melting and kind of bubbly (my meat starts to crisp a little on the edges) and top bun is toasty brown.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded lettuce, tomato and italian dressing.