Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
We have a local pizza shop that sells Italian Grinders and I am not always able to go there to get them so after a couple of years I have now gotten what I think is their recipe. At least they taste the same.
- 4 Italian rolls (Sub)
- 8 slices hot capicola, ham (thin sliced)
- 8 slices pepperoni (large, thin sliced)
- 8 slices genoa salami (thin sliced)
- 8 slices provolone cheese (thin sliced)
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce (chopped or shredded)
- 8 slices tomatoes
- Good Seasons Italian dressing
- Slightly toast buns, with insides up, in toaster oven or oven.
- On bottom half of bun layer two slices capicola, pepperoni, salami and provalone.
- Return to oven and toast until cheese is melting and kind of bubbly (my meat starts to crisp a little on the edges) and top bun is toasty brown.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded lettuce, tomato and italian dressing.
Added crushed dill pickle slices, pepperoncini peppers, black olives and onions and left out the lettuce. Also used a mix of olive oil and apple cider vinegar with Italian seasoning and basil for the dressing. EXCELLENT! Thanks Petdrwife! 8o} Potzi
We used this basic recipe excluding the lettuce and tomatoes, and then added black olives, onions and dill pickles for one knock your socks off Italian! We will be enjoying this often in the future! Thanks for sharing. Don
Somehow this review was posted for another recipe. This was very good. we've never had capicola before. It was delicious. the only thing we did different was not to toast it. Thanks petdrwife for a great new sandwich. Bullwinkle.