- 2 lbs raw jumbo shrimp
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 limes, juice of
- garlic butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Split each shrimp on underside down to tail, try to avoid cutting meat (use sharp knife or scissors).
- Put shrimp in bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Stir well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Push onto skewers and grill shrimp 6 inches from heat over a low charcoal fire.
- Turn frequently.
- takes about 15 minutes.
- Serve skewered shrimp scampi with garlic butter.