Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
- Split each shrimp on underside down to tail, try to avoid cutting meat (use sharp knife or scissors).
- Put shrimp in bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Stir well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Push onto skewers and grill shrimp 6 inches from heat over a low charcoal fire.
- Turn frequently.
- takes about 15 minutes.
- Serve skewered shrimp scampi with garlic butter.
Found that the 2 hour marinade was too long - it started to cook the shrimp. I only let it go 1 hour. Best grilled shrimp recipe so far.
I BBQ shrimp often using a very similar recipe. The only difference is that I add whole garlic cloves on the skewers between the prawns. I love garlic!
I like the use of lime juice instead of lemon, it gives it a great flavor that's a nice change from the usual lemon juice, plus I had some leftover from making Mojitos. A great multicultural cocktail hour combo. Thank you.