Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This hearty appetizer is a Texas hit!!!
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 3 ounces packagessliced pepperoni
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- Microwave potatoes on HIGH for 8 minutes, turning once; slice in half lengthwise.
- Combine oil, garlic and italian seasoning in small bowl.
- Brush cut surfaces of potato halves with half of the oil mixture.
- Grill potatoes, cut side down, on a lightly gre4ased grill rack over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Scoop out insides of each potatoe half, leaving a half-inch-thick shell.
- Brush inside of the potato shell with remaining oil mixture.
- Spoon sauce into each shell; add pepperoni and cheese.
- Return potato to the grill and cook 5 minutes more or until cheese melts.
I made these last night with steack and grilled zucchini...Yum! I made a few changes, I used bacon instead of pepperoni and added thin sliced green onions and finely chopped red pepper...thanks for the great recipe !