Recipe by LAURIE
By marinading and then grilling the chicken and the veggies, this dish has a wonderful grilled flavor served over pasta, its a filling meal. It is also great served cold. Make sure to not cut the veggies too thin so they dont slip thru the grill grates. I have also done this inside on the foreman type grill.
Top Review by akgrown
This was a delicious light dinner. Very easy to prepare and very fresh-tasting. My whole family loved this and I will be making it again. I didn't have any rosemary so I used basil instead and some whole button mushrooms instead of portabellos. I also sliced the chicken breasts into long strips before marinating for extra flavor.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper (red or yellow)
- 1 medium zucchini, halved
- 1 medium onion, halved
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except pasta and tomatoes in large resealable plastic bag, seal bag securely; shake to coat.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from bag, discard marinade.
- Grill chicken and vegetables over medium coals 5 to 6 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are slightly tender.
- Cool slightly; cut into strips.
- Toss with hot cooked pasta and tomatoes. Serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese.