Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
We tried these out last week-end and thought they were delish. From TOH-Quick Cooking.
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- 8 slices tomatoes, thin
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices Italian bread (1/4 inch thick)
- 4 tablespoons Italian dressing
- On two slices of bread, layer the basil, tomato, and cheese.
- Top with the other 2 slices of bread forming 2 sandwiches.
- Brush the outside of each sandwich with the Italian salad dressing.
- Place on a well greased grill.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
Didn't have time to fire up the outdoor grill so I made these sandwiches on George Foreman grill. Turned out just great. Loved the fresh basil. That is a key ingredient and makes these unique. Thank-you for posting this recipe.
Really yummy! I did not make any changes....The basil tasted so good and was a nice change. Thanks Nurse Di for sharing!
We had these for lunch yesterday - just one word - FANTASTIC! Make sure to grind lots of coarse black pepper onto the tomato slices, and you may need a little more dressing to brush on the bread.