Recipe by Chef Sunshine
I came up with this recipe for my niece. I combined grilled cheese sandwiches with garlic bread. Its tasty, its quick and its the perfect appetizer for friends, family and unexpected guests. Use a firm white bread for best results.
Top Review by Shari2
These are good for a change of pace regular grilled cheese. I only made one for my lunch(luckily :) ) I could have ate more than one. I didn't dip it in the marinara sauce but thought they would be great with tomato soup too. I can't wait to make them again. Thanks Chef Sunshine!
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 12 slices white bread
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (24 ounce) jarvodka marinara sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Place 6 slices of bread onto a baking sheet.
- Spread a small handful of the mozzarella cheese over each slice.
- Top with the remaining 6 slices of bread. Mix together the butter and garlic powder, brush some over the tops of the sandwiches, or spread with the back of a tablespoon. Sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Place baking sheet under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown. Remove pan from oven, flip sandwiches, and brush the other sides with butter, and sprinkle with oregano.
- Return to the broiler, and cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Cut sandwiches in half diagonally, and serve immediately with vodka sauce on the side for dipping.