Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
Quick and easy. Try them with sliced dill pickles, a tossed salad and a glass of your favorite white wine. From Taste of Home magazine. Enjoy!
- 4 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese or 4 slices provolone cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Cut a 3-inch pocket in each slice of bread.
- Place a slice of cheese in each pocket.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, Italian seasoning and garlic salt.
- Soak bread in mixture for 2 minutes on each side.
- Coat with bread crumbs.
- Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on each side.
- Cooking time depends on the griddle.
These are very good and such a nice change of pace from the usual sandwich fare! Had this with soup for dinner Recipe #42863 Love ToH recipes!
Delicious. I wasn't liking the sound of italian seasoning at the time so I omitted that and used plain breadcrumbs plus I added a slice of ham. Very tastey!
I started to put this recipe in until I saw it was already here. This is a very tasty grilled cheese sandwich. Something very different. Thanks for posting.