Recipe by Martini Guy
Quick and easy. Try them with sliced dill pickles, a tossed salad and a glass of your favorite white wine. From Taste of Home magazine. Enjoy!
- 4 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese or 4 slices provolone cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a 3-inch pocket in each slice of bread.
- Place a slice of cheese in each pocket.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, Italian seasoning and garlic salt.
- Soak bread in mixture for 2 minutes on each side.
- Coat with bread crumbs.
- Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on each side.
- Cooking time depends on the griddle.