Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Having fresh green beans can be an incredible treat..nice if you can get all fresh ingredients out of your garden!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Add oil; heat until hot.
- Add whole tomatoes; cook until lightly browned on all sides.
- Remove tomatoes from skillet; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add garlic to skillet; cook and stir until golden brown, watching carefully so garlic doesn't burn.
- Add beans and water; bring to a boil.
- Cover; cook about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop tomatoes.
- Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Return chopped tomatoes to skillet; cook 5 to 8 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
AWESOME. Very big hit at church potluck!
Made them to go with our Ham and sweet potatoes for Easter. The only left overs I throw away were the beans. No one even heated them back up. I used grape tomatoes instead of the plum, but that should not have made a difference. Just was not impressed and I'm Italian!
Excellent low fat way to prepare fresh green beans. I had to use cherry tomatoes because I did not have any plum tomatoes on hand. This one goes into our regular rotation. Thanks Tish