Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe a few years back from another recipe site and the whole family enjoys it. Quick to put together for a different holiday side dish. Now that I look at the recipe again a little drizzle of lemon juice might be nice.
- 1 lb fresh green beans (or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil green beans in water until tender. Drain well.
- Place beans in serving bowl and mix in bread crumbs, olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and basil.
- Toss mixture until the beans are coated.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
These were just OK for us. I followed the recipe as written other then I used two cans of green beans. I also cut the olive down to about 1/8 cup. We weren't crazy about the bread crumbs on these. I think they would have been OK without them.
I thought these were pretty good, although not as much flavor as I was expecting. I gave this 4 stars because it was so easy. Thanks!
Wow! How did I survive this many years without these green beans? These are the best green beans I've ever had, hands down!