Recipe by andypandy
if you ever had genettis this is similar only in a cake form..like a pound cake texture not fluffy like a white cake, we just serve it with coffee or tea or an ice cold glass of milk.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons anisette extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour, powder and salt.
- In a bowl cream the eggs with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the oil, milk, juice and flavouring.
- Combine dry ingredients into the wet.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 40 to 60 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick or tester around the forty minutes time.
- This can be glazed when cold with a icing powder and milk and anisette flavouring and drizzled over the cooled cake if desired.