Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy roasted potatoes that everyone loves, and the house smells heavenly! Be sure not to cut the red pepper too small because they can get overcooked at the higher temperature. I've shared this recipe many times. Hope you like it too.
- 4 medium potatoes (we like red)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch squares
- salt and pepper
- Wash potatoes and cut into slices or cubes.
- In large bowl, combine olive oil, garlic and oregano.
- Add potatoes and bell peppers; toss to coat.
- Arrange in a single layer on a 15-1/2" X 10-1/2" pan.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 475 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender and lightly browned.
This is a great recipe, easy & yummy!! I did turn the slices over half way thru. My hubby liked the thinner crispy ones & I prefered the thicker slices. So now I will make them that way, 1/2 & 1/2, on purpose. I used red potatoes as suggested. Didn't have any red pepper but I will try that next time. Really good for such a simple recipe! I think you could experiment with the seasonings also. I added a sprinkle of seasoned salt before I stuck them in the oven. Thanks for a quick & simple recipe DDW.
This is fabulous. It looks great and tastes better. And it tastes even better as cold leftovers the next day. It went so well with the yellow snapper I made, and I am going to make it again tonight to go with a pork roast I am doing. I think it probably goes great with just about anything.
My high school chef students prepared and loved this!