Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Olive oil, garlic and herbs. Three simple ingredients that taste great together on just about anything. Here they are combined with chicken and potatoes. I used thighs in this but feel free to used legs or breasts. It looks like a lot of steps, but it's really easy to put together. For a complete meal, add some veggies such as sliced carrots, zucchini, peppers, etc. Makes for easy cleanup too!
- 8 chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper, finely minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 -5 new potatoes (depending on size)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 190C/375°F.
- Line a roasting tin with foil.
- Cut off any excess skin from the chicken leaving just a covering on top. Rinse chicken and toss into a large bowl. Let chicken sit for a minute and then drain any excess water from the bowl. Do this once or twice.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons olive oil over chicken.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, parsley, basil, thyme, rosemary, chili peppers, salt and pepper.
- Using clean hands, toss the chicken in the oil/garlic/herb mixture to thoroughly coat.
- Wash your hands.
- Lay the chicken pieces in the roasting tin, skin side down, leaving any excess oil/garlic/herb mixture in the bowl.
- Cut up potatoes (do NOT peel) into large chunks and toss into the bowl with the remaining oil/garlic/herb mixture.
- Add additional 2-3 tablespoons olive oil and toss (with hands) to coat.
- Place potato chunks around chicken in pan and drizzle any remaining oil mixture over chicken and potatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn chicken over and toss around the potatoes.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 20-25 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
Wonderful flavor and a complete meal! I really liked the marinade flavors on the chicken and potatoes. It was great that the whole meal cooked together. The only thing I might do differently, is to increase the temperature so the potatoes and chicken get a bit crispier. Thank you!
This was super! Thanks for an easy to put together, but amazingly tasteful dinner. I also added baby carrots to the mix and I wish I had added the fresh brussles sprouts fro the fridge...oh well next time. I will definately be making this again. I also Used chicken breast (bone in) and halved them so they would be closer to the size of a chicken thigh. Thanks again!
I thought this dish was really tasty and easy to put together and spiced just right