Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Garlicy and herbed Italian bread! Very fragrant and tasty!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces French bread
- 1 clove garlic, halved (FOR EXTRA GARLIC FLAVOR) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic and oil and mix well.
- In a small bowl combine parsley, thyme, marjoram and paprika; add Parmesan; mix well.
- Cut each loaf lengthwise.
- NOTE: If you prefer extra garlic flavor take the halved clove and rub the clove's cut side on the cut side of bread.
- Brush with garlic oil.
- Sprinkle herb mix on top of garlic oil.
- Wrap loosely (do not let foil touch oil/herb mixture) in foil and place on baking sheet.
- Bake until heated through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Unwrap and slice.
Carbs Yum!! I also added melted butter to the oil! And I have a hard time not having Rosemary with my bread, So I added it also!!Loved it!
Everyone at dinner enjoyed this. I had to use dried parsley. I needed extra olive oil in order to have enough to spread on all of the slices.
Delicious! I added a little Cayenne Pepper on one chunk of bread, and Curry Powder on another. Both were tasty as well. Thanks for the recipe!