1/3 Photos of Italian Garlic and Herb Seasoned Panini - Focaccia Bread (abm)
This is an adaptation from a recipe posted on hungrybrowser.com in the Uncle Phaedrus section. I used my breadmaker to put the dough together and then hand shaped the loaves for baking. To use for a panini sandwich, slice each loaf in eighths (rendering 4 sandwiches per loaf), fill with your favorite ingredients and use your panini maker or grill with press to prepare a delicious sandwich. Mangia!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 5 cups all-purpose flour or 5 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary or 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh Italian parsley (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1Prior to placing ingredients in breadmaker, fill the container with water.
- 2It needs to accomodate at least 11 cups of water.
- 3If it has that capacity, you can dump the water out and proceed.
- 4The dough makes a large amount and does rise to the top of the container.
- 5Place all ingredients in bread machine in order suggested by the manufacturer.
- 6If desired, you can hold off placing the herbs into the machine and wait until forming the loaves to place on top of bread.
- 7Set machine to dough cycle.
- 8When cycle is complete, punch dough down and knead a few times on a lightly floured surface (the dough should remain somewhat sticky).
- 9Place dough in oiled bowl, turn to coat with the oil, cover, and allow to rise again until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 10Ten minutes prior to rising is finished preheat oven to 400°F Lightly grease two baking sheets (I line them with Silpat sheets).
- 11After dough has risen the second time, press air out and divide dough in half (dough will still be sticky, do not use more flour).
- 12Press (using your hands) each half with a light touch into approximately an 8 x 11-inch rectangle on the individual prepared pans (rustic looking is okay, but don't press too flat).
- 13Brush with olive oil.
- 14If you haven't already added the herbs into the dough, scatter garlic, oregano, rosemary, marjoram, peppers, and parsley over surface of each and press lightly.
- 15Sprinkle with salt.
- 16Bake about 20-30 minutes or until a light golden.
- 17Serve warm or slice to use for a panini sandwich and grill.
- 18*Notethat preparation time doesn't include about 3 hours of rising time.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Garlic and Herb Seasoned Panini - Focaccia Bread (abm)
Serving Size: 1 (1149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1225.3
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1761.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 243.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 34.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: