Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Light and delicious soup. It's kind of a vege-chicken soup as written, but if you took out the chicken and made it with vegetable stock or even tomato juice, it would be completely vegetarian. In my opinion, it's kind of bland as written - I add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp oregano, and 1/2 tsp minced garlic when I make it.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with Basil, Garlic, and Oregano, Del Monte brand is good)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can peas and carrots, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- Combine broth, undrained tomatoes and remaining ingredients in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.