Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the August/September Easy Home Cooking magazine...I've made this twice in the last two weeks. I used less than the amount of cream called for and it was delicious, and so easy.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 -2 cup half-and-half (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot. Add oil and onion. Cook and stir 4 minutes or until translucent. Add mushrooms, pepper, zucchini and garlic. Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Add broth, spaghetti sauce and red pepper flakes. Increase heat to high. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Add beans, basil and salt. Stir in half-and-half until desired creaminess is reached. Cover. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Before serving sprinkle with cheese, if desired.