Susan Dillard's Note:
I got the original recipe from Cooking Club of America. I changed the amounts due to my personal tastes as you may do. It doesn't HAVE to be refrigerated overnight, the only time I do that is just for my convienience. Amounts on salad ingredients may be adjusted or left out according to what you like. This is a great pasta salad and I'm always asked for the recipe when I take it to a potluck. Try it, you won't be sorry!8 (1 1/2-cup) servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne
- 3/4 cup cubed colby cheese
- 3/4 cup cubed jalapeno pepper cheese
- 3/4 cup cubed provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup julienned genoa salami
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup broccoli floret
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) jars marinated artichokes, 1 undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil, and herbs
- 1 1/2 cups Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1Cook penne according to package directions.
- 2In medium bowl, whisk together Italian dressing, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, basil and oregano.
- 3In large bowl, combine penne, Colby cheese, hot pepper cheese, Provolone cheese, salami, plum tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, onion, broccoli, celery, artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 4Pour dressing over penne mixture; toss well.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Refrigerate overnight.
- 7Before serving, toss pasta.
- 8Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Garden Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.4
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 873.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: