I started with a Greek salad recipe that I found on another site, and I followed some of the review comments that suggested it was even better when made as an Italian salad. It's really refreshing and packed with flavor. It makes a lot, so it's a good salad to take to potluck gatherings.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 5 ounces pepperoni, cubed (I use Pepperoni Minis)
- 6 ounces salami, cubed
- 2 cucumbers, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (I cut them in half)
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss well and refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving.
- Serve chilled.