Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Easy to make fruit salad with pasta. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 3⁄4 cup acini di pepe pasta
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges or 1 (11 ounce) canother canned fruit
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook Acine de Pepe according to box directions; drain and set aside to cool.
- Drain juice from canned fruit into a saucepan.
- Add sugar, eggs, cornstarch and lemon juice. Cook over low-medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Mix with the cooled pasta and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Add fruit and Cool Whip and mix gently. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
I have been looking for this recipe for a long time. Just tasted like I remember. I use rosemarino pasta though.