Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a low fat version made with skim milk and egg substitute, plus packed with veggies.
Make and share this Italian Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use low fat or fat free)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; beat well.
- Coat a medium non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Saute red peppers and broccoli for 2-3 minutes. Remove mixture from skillet and set aside.
- Add egg mixture to the skillet and cook over low heat till set. Do not stir.
- Top with cooked vegetable mixture, alfalfa sprouts and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Cover tightly and let stand for 3-5 minutes until cheese melts.
We loved this recipe. Very low fat and just right for the 2 of us. and it fit my WW Core Plan
I love the method described in this recipe! makes a perfect fritatta/omlette!! and it was delicous too, I went heavy on the mushrooms cus I had to use them up and left out the alfalfa sprouts. Enjoyed it very much, very tasty!! thanks for posting, I will be making this again.