Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ok, so this is not *really* Italian, but it is still great with burgers! :)
- 2 lbs frozen french fries (about-amount doesn't have to be exact)
- oil (for frying)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano or 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil or 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Deep fry french fries according to package directions (thickness of fries will determine frying time).
- Drain well on paper towels, and transfer to a serving platter.
- Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle on remaining ingredients.
- Serve with your favorite condiments.
These fries were delicious and were a perfect side dish for one of my favorite burgers, The Godfather Burger. I made two changes: First, I baked them instead of frying. Second, I drizzled just a little olive oil over the fries before baking. Will make again! Thanks canarygirl!
I did this for Memorial Day May 27, 2013 take some time to recognize and remember our fallen heroes, and the brave men and women who keep our country safe every day. What a great idea - can't believe I haven't tried this before! crispy on the outside and so tasty. I used seasoned salt for the seasoning. My family really liked these fries. And say Thanks for posting this recipe, I made this for 2013 Zaar Cookbook Tag.
Great fries! I've actually made these twice. I made a small batch for just me and then a large batch for the family. We had these with burgers and they were a great side dish. I added a bit of kosher salt too. Thanks canary girl for a nice keeper that my family enjoyed. Made for Cookbook Tag.