Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe uses cube steak so you know that it's going to be quick to fix.
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef cube steaks
- olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 2⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf
- In a shallow dish combine crumbs and half the cheese. In another shallow dish, beat together egg and water. Cut meat in 8 equal-size portions; lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip in egg mixture, then crumb mixture; press lightly to coat.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in two batches, cook steak, about 5 minutes per side, adding more oil as needed. Remove to a serving platter; cover to keep warm. Carefully wipe skillet clean.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in blender or processor combine drained peppers and remaining cheese. Process until nearly smooth. Finely chop 1/2 cup of the basil; set aside. Transfer pepper mixture to hot skillet and heat through. Remove from heat. Stir in finely chopped basil. Pour sauce over steaks. Sprinkle with remaining basil.
LOVED the red pepper sauce! The steak was good too, but the sauce really made this dish. Thanks for posting such a quick and delicious recipe!