1/1 Photo of Italian Fresh Fruit Tart
Barb Gertz's Note:
Buon Appetito! Entertain Italian style, This dolce (sweet) will make a great ending served with cappuccino or espresso. This can be made ahead of time, but, wait to spread the preserves and top with fruit close to serving to prevent pastry to becoming soggy. It is best when served within an hour. Cool time 30 minutes and chill time 20 minutes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, fresh grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups fresh fruit, such as sliced apple, pear, banana, kiwifruit, figs, raspberries, blueberries
- 1 teaspoon honey
- powdered sugar, if desired
- 1Mix flour, sugar, butter lemon peel, lemon juice, vanilla and eggs in a medium bowl with spoon until dough forms.
- 2Place dough on lightly floured surface.
- 3Knead about 3 minutes or until dough holds together and is pliable.
- 4Shape dough into a ball.
- 5Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate about 20 minutes or until firm.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 7Grease pan with butter; lightly flour 11-inch round tart pan with removable bottom or 12-inch pizza pan.
- 8Pat dough evenly in pan.
- 9Bake about 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Cool completely on wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- 11Heat apricot and raspberry preserves in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until melted.
- 12Stir in amaretto.
- 13Spread over crust.
- 14Arrange fresh fruit on top.
- 15Drizzle with honey; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 16Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Fresh Fruit Tart
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.0
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 123.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 43.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of