Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Buon Appetito! Entertain Italian style, This dolce (sweet) will make a great ending served with cappuccino or espresso. This can be made ahead of time, but, wait to spread the preserves and top with fruit close to serving to prevent pastry to becoming soggy. It is best when served within an hour. Cool time 30 minutes and chill time 20 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, fresh grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups fresh fruit, such as sliced apple, pear, banana, kiwifruit, figs, raspberries, blueberries
- 1 teaspoon honey
- powdered sugar, if desired
- Mix flour, sugar, butter lemon peel, lemon juice, vanilla and eggs in a medium bowl with spoon until dough forms.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface.
- Knead about 3 minutes or until dough holds together and is pliable.
- Shape dough into a ball.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate about 20 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease pan with butter; lightly flour 11-inch round tart pan with removable bottom or 12-inch pizza pan.
- Pat dough evenly in pan.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- Heat apricot and raspberry preserves in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until melted.
- Stir in amaretto.
- Spread over crust.
- Arrange fresh fruit on top.
- Drizzle with honey; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate.
Great recipe, my brothers friend offered me a job as a pastry chef after trying this, no kidding!