Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great twist on an old favorite!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 slices crusty italian semolina bread
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese
- In a small skillet over medium low heat, combine oil, butter and garlic.
- Cook garlic in butter and oil gently for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Remove garlic butter mixture from heat.
- Place a large nonstick skillet on the stove over medium high heat. Using a pastry brush, brush 1 side of 4 slices of bread with garlic oil and place buttered side down in skillet.
- Top each slice with equal amounts of the 4 cheeses, distributing them equally over the 4 slices.
- Top each sandwich with another slice of bread brushed with garlic butter, buttered side up.
- Flip the grill cheese sandwiches a few times until cheeses are melted and gooey and bread is toasty and golden. Cut grilled 4 cheese sandwiches from corner to corner and serve.
A really wonderful recipe. I haven tried it yet, but I knoow it will be great. I'm going to try it at my work. Thank you Sandy