Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
Wonderful Italian fondue made easily in crockpot
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- Italian bread, cut in chunks
- In crock pot combine beef, spaghetti sauce mix, tomato sauce and cheeses.
- Cook on low for 2 hours.
- Turn switch to high.
- Dissolve cornstarch in wine.
- Add to crock pot and cook for additional 15 minutes on high.
- Dip Italian bread chunks in fondue.
I really liked this. I changed the recipe a little. Instead of using 1 lb. ground beef, I used 1/2 pound gound beef, 1/2 lb. Italian Sausage. The cheese was changed, as well. I used less cheddar cheese and 8 oz. more mozzerella. I also used a can of spaghetti sauce instead of the tomato sauce and mix.
Clever...interactive, fun for all!