Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Old family recipe my mom has had since she received her first fondue set back in the 1970's.
- 453.59 g Italian sausage, ground
- 425.24 g spaghetti sauce
- 473.18 ml mozzarella cheese
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml red wine
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into bite-size pieces
- Brown the sausage and drain.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce.
- Gradually add cheeses until melted.
- Mix the wine and cornstarch, then add to the fondue until thickened.
- Serve with cut Italian bread or Vienna loaf.
This is super easy and delicious comfort food. I started with a jar of Trader Joe's No Salt Spaghetti sauce which I jazzed up with extra herbs, garlic and a little red pepper flakes. I decided to leave out the cornstarch but it was still a great dipping consistency and I shaved a little fresh parm on top of our individual sauce dishes. This would be a great recipe for kids and I can see myself serving next fall for a football party. Thanks for sharing. Made for Pick a Chef Spring 2014