Old family recipe my mom has had since she received her first fondue set back in the 1970's.
Make and share this Italian Fondue recipe from Food.com.
- Brown the sausage and drain.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce.
- Gradually add cheeses until melted.
- Mix the wine and cornstarch, then add to the fondue until thickened.
- Serve with cut Italian bread or Vienna loaf.
This is super easy and delicious comfort food. I started with a jar of Trader Joe's No Salt Spaghetti sauce which I jazzed up with extra herbs, garlic and a little red pepper flakes. I decided to leave out the cornstarch but it was still a great dipping consistency and I shaved a little fresh parm on top of our individual sauce dishes. This would be a great recipe for kids and I can see myself serving next fall for a football party. Thanks for sharing. Made for Pick a Chef Spring 2014