Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A flavorful, creamy dip to serve with your favorite dippers. Always a hit at our card parties. Please note that cooking time is the chilling time.
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 package dried Italian salad dressing mix (Good Seasons)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can baby shrimp, drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced green pepper (I often omit) (optional)
- garlic melba toast rounds or assorted fresh vegetable
- Combine sour cream and cream cheese.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Beat in salad dressing mix and lemon juice.
- Stir in shrimp and green pepper.
- Cover and chill several hours.
- Serve with Melba toasts or vegetables.
This is the same dip my Aunt Linda makes at family functions, but she uses the whole package of seasoning instead of 1/2. We love it with wheat thins!
I also have made this dip for years and took it on boat trips.....good with crackers or vegetables