Recipe by Lakerdog2
From "The Busy Family Cookbook." Can't wait to try this. I love flank steak (usually labeled London Broil) because it is lean and cooks super quick. This marinade sounds great. (Prep time does not include marinating time....)
Top Review by pahealthymom
This was just plain good! The whole family loved it, even the little ones. I served it with oven roasted potatoes and broccoli, I had clean plates all around. My husband and I also think this would be fantastic on a salad.
- 2 (2/3 ounce) envelopes fat-free Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (1 lb) beef flank steak
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing mix, oil and lemon juice. Brush onto both sides of the steak, place in shallow dish. Cover and marinate overnight.
- Preheat your grill or oven, whatever you prefer. Grill or broil to desired doneness.
- 145 medium rare, 160 medium, 170 well done.
- Personal note: this cut of meat is tough, so you MUST slice it thinly, across the grain. Also, it really is best cooked to no more than medium rare. My personal preference is just under med rare.